The new year is just around the corner—and with a new year comes new design trends.
But what, exactly, are those trends going to be in 2020? According to home design website Houzz, these are the top 10 design trends that are going to take off in the upcoming year:
- Warmer color palettes
- Wood beams
- Decals for walls and doors
- Arched doorways
- High-gloss, flat panel doors
- Customized storage solutions
- Dark cabinets with brass hardware
- Porcelain slab showers
- A maximalist approach to interior design
- Black, white oak, and stacked brick tile
So, what do these trends mean for you? If you’re thinking about selling your home, keeping your finger on the pulse of what’s going on in the design space is crucial; embracing some of the most up-to-date design trends can help increase your home’s appeal to buyers—and ultimately help it sell.